miércoles, 22 de marzo de 2017

Tom Chatfield TED talk

Tom Chatfield TED talk

This TED talk helped me realize how my gaming is driven, especifically what motivates me into playing a certain video game. I liked how he starts analyzing the different engagement activities are reinforced by the instant reward received in several video games

I will go with Mario Bros since it is my favorite, the game is uncertain, gives rewards in the short and long term. In order to keep players interested you have the chance and option to go into the mushrooms, to get more lives or win gadgets to make your time playing the game more engaging. Additionally, you also have the chance to earn lives if you obtain 100 coins, hence you get an instant reward even if you loose the game. 

So basically when creating a game it has to appeal to the gamer's emotions, by engaging them.People like to play when they are winning, and this is why to keep players engaged, the game needs to have several levels of rewards. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario